Clef's Coffeehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bean Shops. [Suggestion & Question!]

4 posters

Go down

Bean Shops. [Suggestion & Question!] Empty Bean Shops. [Suggestion & Question!]

Post  AceOfAura Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:22 pm

Well, thing is, I know that the only person on a forum that can add or subtract beans from anybody is the owner. Clef.

And so if a player where to have their own shop, this would mean Clef would have to personally make each transaction himself.

This poses a problem. Clef might find it hard to keep up with all of the transactions, and if this forum becomes popular, he's going to be going crazy adding and taking beans away.

So, my proposal is that Clef doesn't allow anybody but Moderators and higher to make their own shops.
AceOfAura
AceOfAura
Team Rocket Scientist

Beans : 166705
Popularity : 100

Back to top Go down

Bean Shops. [Suggestion & Question!] Empty Re: Bean Shops. [Suggestion & Question!]

Post  Freak Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:24 pm

That's a horrible idea !

I don't know if you've noticed but i have a sprite request shop.

Do you know how long it took me to write up all those rules ?

>.<

EDIT : What we need is some kind of limitations, like only buy one thing a month or onee thing a week.

Last edited by Freak on Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
Freak
Freak
Team Rocket Executive

Beans : 161948
Popularity : 82

https://clefscoffeehouse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bean Shops. [Suggestion & Question!] Empty Re: Bean Shops. [Suggestion & Question!]

Post  AceOfAura Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:28 pm

Clef can't just ignore this idea because it's inconvinient to you.

It's going to be hard work for him. He can't keep track of whatever everyone is buying, and so it makes it hard. There should be limitations. In my old forum, the shop was my shop. Nobody else could make shops, only the owner with their shop.

Clef could make a universal thread, saying that people should post here if they want anything, and people quote the people who requested things if they want to give it to them. Clef then manages to sort it out, and every so often the whole thread is cleaned (every post deleted) and continued.

Having loads of shops is just too much work for Clef.
AceOfAura
AceOfAura
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post  Freak Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:43 pm

Other places can manage it, for example SOS has only two admins, but more than 700 members.

We don't even have 100 yet.
I stand by the idea that each shop should have limitations to how much you can buy per month, these limits should be based by how popular the shop itself is.

But i really don't see a problem, i imagine it would only take a short amount of time for Clef to make a transaction. Based on other Forums, the shops aren't that popular.

Even if we only had one shop, it would still get the same amount of customers as 7 shops. It's how many members we have, that should be kept in mind.
Freak
Freak
Team Rocket Executive

Back to top Go down

Post  clef Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:07 pm

i think ill see how it goes for a while letting everyone make shops. i will make a rule though, that the owner of the shop needs to PM me any transactions that need to be made at the end of every day that they make a transaction.
clef
clef
Admin

Beans : 100160504
Popularity : 76

Back to top Go down

Post  edge1597 Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:09 pm

clef wrote:i think ill see how it goes for a while letting everyone make shops. i will make a rule though, that the owner of the shop needs to PM me any transactions that need to be made at the end of every day that they make a transaction.
Agreed how about it freak?
edge1597
edge1597
Team Rocket Admin

Beans : 162997
Popularity : 95

https://www.youtube.com/edge1597

Back to top Go down

Post  AceOfAura Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:57 pm

Ok, sounds good! I might start my own shop up soon.
AceOfAura
AceOfAura
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post  Freak Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:56 am

Does this mean i can still have my shop ?

=D
Freak
Freak
Team Rocket Executive

Back to top Go down

Post  AceOfAura Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:01 am

Yes, you can. This topic provides no more use.

Thread locked.
AceOfAura
AceOfAura
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down